About the tournament
16 national teams (players born in 1995 and younger) will take part in XXV International youth football tournament in memory of the first vice-president of FIFA Valentin Granatkin.
On the first stage 16 teams devide to 4 groups with 4 teams, each team plays against each team in 1 circle.
Places in groups will be awarded by highest total amount of points (3 points - victory, 1 - draw, 0 - loss).
In case of equal amount of points for 2 or more teams these terms in following order will verify the leader:
- games palyed against each other (amount of points, goals difference, amount of scored goals);
- better goals difference in all matches;
- highest amount of goals scored in all matches;
- in case if all these criterias match, the leader will be decided by draw;
- teams that took in their groups places from 1st to 4th;
- teams that took in their groups places from 5th to 8th;
- teams that took in their groups places from 9th to 12th;
- teams that took in their groups places from 13th to 16th;
In case of a draw in play off matches and finals, winner is identified in penalty kicks, right after the end of the match.
Draw of the games is made by the Football Union of Russia not later than on 5th of December 2012.