Match № 15
The match № 15, (first group stage) third tournament day
LATVIA – ESTONIA 5:0 (2:0)
January 5th, 2015, St. Petersburg, 300 spectators
Referees: Ilya Parfentiev, Evgeniy Kuznetsov, Denis Matveev
Latvia: Zommers, Sorokins, Rubezis, Gulbis, Deruzinskis (Packo, 46), Osipovs (Jakovlevs, 60), Juhnevics (c), Silings, Dobrecovs (Kigurs, 81), Tumanovs, Zalaks (Korzans, 69)
Head coach: Vladimirs Babicevs
Estonia: Tsvetkovs (c), Kummer (Krusel, 73), Mutso, Roosnupp, Kannel (Villota, 73), Roog (Lilander, 46), Makarov, Golovljov, Tauts, Klein (Riiberg, 38), Rande (Kokla, 46)
Head coach: Marko Lelov
Goals: Zalaks (19, 65, 68), Dobrecovs (39, pen.), Silings (56)
Yellow cards: Tauts (5), Kummer (27), Osipovs (28), Zalaks (45), Kannel (68)
Best players: Verners Zalaks, Kaspar Mutso
After match comments
Head coach of team Latvia Vladimirs Babicevs:
– I'm satisfied with the result. I didn't like last 10 minutes of the match when we let opponents make sharp moments near our gate... However, I wanted to tell about different thing at the beginning. It is good that once we were invited to this tournament in St. Petersburg and still we receive this invitation. It is really pleasant to come here.
– As soon as forward Zalaks had made hat trick you substituted him though it looked like he was eager to score more...
– Zalaks had a yellow card... Verners is a very hot player, easily can flash up in the game, we need to calm down him, extinguish his emotions.
– Team of Latvia has already played both in SC Zenit and in Peterburgsky SCC, what pitch was more comfortable for you to play?
– There are not only different pitches but different conditions also. First match we spent in narrow stadium, there was more "hockey" and power struggle in the game. Here, in Peterburgsky SCC, there is a spacious field, good atmosphere, but the pitch is very slow. A lot of crumb was filled...
Head coach of team Estonia Marko Lelov:
– That is hard to comment with the score 0:5... However, we have to get over this heavy blow, as devastating hit from our neighbors. By the way, we have also had many chances! However, the rival used their capabilities in proper way, and we have not managed to score.
– It seemed that Estonia team «fell off» right after the first missed goal. However they have started the match in a good manner...
– I can't agree with that. The first goal influenced on the game scenario, but we were quite disciplined until 60 minute. However, the third goal messed everything up.
– The young player Kannel made many mistakes. Maybe it was worthy to substitute him a bit earlier? In addition, why did Riiberg remain in reserve? He is quite significant player in your team.
– Indeed, Kannel is one year younger than the major staff of the team. It is better to make mistakes now rather further – now it is a time to analyze safely all the issues, and to make right conclusions. Concerning Riiberg, we have 20 players in the application list and we need to check every one out on the tournament.
– Which team you want to battle with in the rest part of the tournament?
– Which one can I? I would like to meet with Japan, Slovakia... Can we meet with Russia, can't we? Only Russia-2? No, that's totally different (laugh in room).
– Can you agree that PSCC pitch if very slow?
– We have trained on a very good pitch similar to natural in «Zenith» Academy. Here in PSCC the pitch is very soft.