Match № 33
The match № 33, match for the 15th place, ninth tournament day
MOLDOVA – LATVIA 1:0 (1:0)
January 11th, 2014, St. Petersburg, Peterburgsky SCC, 200 spectators
Referees: Artur Fedorov, Ilya Ivanov, Pavel Yakovlev
Moldova: Cebotari, Svinarenco, Macritchii V. (c), Golubev, Zagaevscii, Macritchii A., Berestean, Zabun (Curtejan, 90), Andriuhin, Bejenari, Gustiuc
Head coach: Ghenadie Pushka
Latvia: Kurakins, Koļesovs (Karklinsh, 27), Bezushchonoks (c), Litvinskis, Krushatins, Jurkovskis (Mordatenko, 70), Strazdinsh (Yekabsons, 75), Dubrovskis, Balinsh, Kupchs (Vasiļjevs, 61), Chernomordijs
Head coach: Vladimirs Babichevs
Goal: Zabun (23)
Yellow cards: Berestean (25), Yekabsons (90)
Best players: Denis Golubev, Antonijs Chernomordijs
After match comments
Head coach of the team Moldova Ghenadie Pushka:
– I want first to express my especial gratitude to the opponent and to my players for the fair and resistant competition. We were preparing hard for this match, for we didn't want to return home empty-handed. I'd like to note the dedication of my players. I don't complain at them in this sense. Poor is realization. We were nervous up to the last minute instead of finishing the match calm, for we were only one score ahead.
– Sometimes you start speaking Moldavian during the game –
– These are coach's tricks! (smiling) Sometimes I don't need my opponent colleague to understand my plots. But, seriously, we have a large multinational team. Some of the players understand Russian better and some Moldavian.
– Can you give estimation to your team's playing at the tournament?
– Well, first of all, I've said already and won't be reluctant to say again about the good organization of the tournament and the high level of the participants. The lineup of the teams is quite equal, so we almost were not disappointed with the next-to-last place. I personally got answers to many questions. Both the guys and I will remember Valentin Granatkin Memorial with only warm feelings.
Head coach of the team Latvia Vladimirs Babichevs:
– There's something preventing the team from showing a good stable playing. They have to play all the 90 minutes and not in episodes as some of them do.
– Does Latvia trace your playing here?
– Yes, sure! We are the national team. They are calling to ask how we're doing here. So we keep in touch.
– Up to the last tour of the group stage your team had all chances to take the first place and be fighting for the Cup. What happened to the team?
– Lack of experience and composure.
– So, tiredness is not the matter?
– What are you talking about? Do not other teams get tired? Or have they come from a health-resort? We all are in equal conditions. The matter is that my players lack professionalism. You've seen that none of them fell on the pitch, none had fits or cramp in the foot. I'd rather like them to show their 100% in one half – but all the 100%! I'll substitute them later, but I know now what they are able for and that it's not only physics they lack.
– Will you draw conclusions?
– I will, but later, gradually. There won't be sharp changes. They are 16-17 years old. They have potential. All problems can be solved!