Head Coach of Finland
1. How long do you work with this team?
I have just started with this team. We’ve only played two friendly games (vs. Belgium) in December, so we are still very much in the learning process.
2. What are your accomplishments?
Hopefully the games we played have made the team more common to each other. There has been quite a many new faces in the squad and team-building always takes time.
3. Have you heard about Granatkin Memorial before?
I worked here as an assistant coach with Finland ‘92s.
4. What are your goals for this tournament?
We try to be positive and win every game. In each game there are always some primary target areas inside the team tactics.
5. Will you be able to assemble the strongest possible team?
Hopefully, if someone is missing, it is always a chance for someone else.
6. Are you informed about your opponents?
It will be a very strong tournament and I’m really looking forward to it.
7. Have you been to Saint Petersburg?
Yes, a few times, but always with football things.
8.What can you say about the city?
It is a very beautiful city, hopefully it won’t be snowing too much this winter.
9. Would you like and will you be able to see something, besides the football?
We really try to focus on the footballing things, because this is a very important start for this football year.